Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Welcome

Your password will expire in 2 days. Do you want to change it now?

The question made me giddy. I've changed the password on my work PC dozens of times, nearly exhausting variations of "welcome." Welcome6. Welcome8. Welcome2thejungle. This morning I moved my cursor to the "no" button and clicked. I don't need a new password. Tomorrow morning I'm quitting my job of five years. Two days later I'll be in Bangkok. This is the last day I spend in front of a computer.

"How long will you be gone?" everyone wants to know. Six months is what I've been telling friends. But I'm not sure. Depends how much I enjoy the wanderin' life. Depends how long my savings last. The not knowing -- the up-in-the-air-ness of it all -- feels like my first game of spin the bottle. Thrilling. Scary. A little bit naughty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home